Translate

Thursday, October 20, 2011

TGIF: Jehovah Jireh

Today's Prayer
I remember a sweet song from my childhood that begins "Jesus loves the little children. All the children of the world..." Yes, Lord, You love all the children. I pray that every Christian will look at others through your eyes. Yes, You hate our sin, but You love us so much and want us 2 have fellowship w/You and be w/You in eternity. And children...are so precious. I pray that their innocence will not be stolen, that every one will be loved as they should be, that every one will have comfort and food and shelter...and loving families. I pray that every child will have the chance 2 grow up and know You and serve You...and give back 2  You and 2 others through reaching out in ministry as You lead and equip them 2 do. Bless each one. Help us adults 2b sensitive 2 the needs and feelings of all children and 2b caring and compassionate and Christ-like examples, as Jesus would have us be. In the name of Jesus I pray, amen.

Jehovah Jireh
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 2, by Os Hillman
10-20-2011


But I think it is necessary 2 send back 2 u Epaphroditus, my brother, fellow worker and fellow soldier, who is also your messenger, whom u sent 2 take care of my needs" (Phil 2:25-26). 

I got onto the bus w/the other delegates attending a workplace conference in South Africa. It was a season in my life in which I had experienced many losses both financially and relationally. God was stripping away the old wineskin and creating a new one. One of the things He was teaching me was that He - not my skills, not my work - was my provider of financial needs during this season of training.

God provided me the means 2 attend the conference. One day b4 the registration deadline, a man came 2 my office and gave me $2500 and told me I was 2 go. Now, a man had just placed an envelope into my hand. "Here, God says I'm 2 give this 2 u. Inside are 10 crisp American $100 bills - $1000!" The man was from Kuwait.

Every believer needs 2 come 2 know Christ as their Provider. Jehovah Jireh means God is my provider. When God called the Israelites from their place of slavery they had 1 walk thru the desert. There is no way 2 earn a living in the desert. So God provided manna each day 4 them. Sometimes He even brought water from rocks. They had 2 experience a new way of gaining provision that was not rooted in sweat and toil. God had 2 demonstrate His faithfulness as Jehovah Jireh 2 His people.

There were times when Paul's tent making business was not the way God would provide 4 him. God often uses others as His instrument of provision. So, God sent Epaphroditus 2 take care of Paul's needs.

Do u know God as your provider? Do u have a need? Place your need b4 the Lord today and ask Him 2 demonstrate His faithfulness as Jehovah Jireh.

Today God Is First (TGIF) devotional message, Copyright by Os Hillman, Marketplace Leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment