Pursue Your God Given Dream
God gives each of us dreams, visions of where we would like 2b, what we would like 2 do. With that comes the challenge of how do I get from "Point A" to "Point B"? A dream is like an invitation. With every invitation there is a response, an RSVP. The question is: how are we going 2 respond 2 the dream that we have been given? Wow! Great dream! So now what? Do we just wait until it manifests on earth? Do nothing?
If we are wise, we will take action, take steps toward the dream. Like anything in God's Kingdom, what God shows us has the elements of surrender, readiness and breakthrough 2 them. The membrane is many times very thin between where we are and where we want 2b; in the spirit, it most definitely is. First, it is required 2 break thru into a reality of faith and believing in order 2 C things progress into the fully blossomed fruition of our dream. It is a matter of our own dedication 2 the Lord, commitment 2 His heart, the price we are willing 2 pay and the determination we have 2 obtain this new land.
1. What is My Dream?So u are wondering if God has given u a dream. Your dream is going 2b connected, in most cases, w/what u are already passionate about. Sometimes people C the dream they are passionate about but cannot see "the form" of how it will look in its fruition. In other words, we are trying 2 picture how this dream will look in a tangible, touchable form. I would suggest that when u are seeking the Lord, in a place of His tangible presence, write down 10 possible ways that your dream could work out in your life.
Write down how it could look in a concrete form. Of those ways, narrow it down to 2 or 3. Hopefully at this point u will have a little better idea of what the possibilities might be. Many times we get the best ideas when we are not trying. The Presence of God does release creativity, bcoz it is His nature 2 create. Keep pursuing His Presence. In that place He will reveal 2 u as u ask, seek and knock.
Matthew 7:7-8 "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: for every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."
2. Surrender to GodHow does our surrender 2 God look? TIME is the gift we have all been given. Time is our most valuable commodity. It is one of the things that we steward b4 God. If we spend our extra time watching "I Love Lucy," then we are throwing that time away. Our surrender 2 God must go much deeper than that. Our surrender very much is reflected in how we spend our time. Are we spending time learning His ways, receiving His Words in His presence, and being filled w/His Spirit? Intimacy w/God and surrender go hand in hand. You cannot have one w/o the other. What we do today determines where we will be tomorrow.
Galatians 6:7-8 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
3. Readiness of Spirit & Mind/Get a PlanIn our surrender 2 God we need 2b prepared. Part of the time that we are given we need 2 spend creatively planning the dream. It is good 2 get our thoughts on paper. The more tangible u make your dream the more u will be able 2 connect w/it. Because of this u will actually go there in your heart and mind more often. Make your dream visible in any possible way that u can. Don't wait 2 your dream 2 fall out of the sky; begin 2 make headway in that direction.
Habakkuk 2:2 Then the Lord answered me and said: "Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it."
Whether it be ministry oriented, business or some other creative venture, study God's Word 2 find KEYS 2 bring clarity and confirmation 2 your heart concerning your dream. What are the highlighted building blocks of your dream? Begin 2 study in that direction. Jesus told us that we are 2 build our lives on His Word, the Rock. His Word is the solid foundation that we need 2 build our dreams upon.
4. Fire, Inspiration & Motivation to Break ThroughBe inspired. This is also connected 2 your intimacy wGod. Don't expect 2b inspired if u don't spend any time w/God. Life w/o God is boring. You will have no fire, no desire and be led off on a foolish path. Get divine inspiration and "adjustment" 4 your dream from God. Many times our dreams don't turn out quite the way we expect, bcoz God makes some adjustments. That is fine. Be flexible w/God. Sometimes He will give u a new and better dream. But until then, go 4 what He has put in your heart. Just allow Him 2 speak 2 u, giving u fire and desire 2 fulfill that which He puts inside of u.
2 Timothy 1:6 Therefore I remind u 2 stir up the gift of God which is in u thru the laying on of my hands.
Another angle 2 look at this from is that we are admonished 2 "stir up the gift" within us. By seeking the Lord, praying in the Spirit, and spending time in worship b4 Him we activate our spiritual senses. When we do this it breaks us thru into a place of revelation, clarity of thought, and inspiration. Keep the fire burning within.
5. ExcellenceA well-organized room inspires me. When a room is chaotic, it can make me feel the same way at times. But I know that I will be inspired easier when things are in order, clean and functional. Excellence is not perfectionism. Don't get the 2 confused. Excellence is a beautiful thing. We want 2b excellent in all that we do. We want 2 do our very best and let God do the rest. We want 2 give things that are excellent 2 the Lord, 4 He is excellent. In your work, be excellent. Be better. Be the best. Not in the spirit of competition, but b4 the Lord do your very best. With this, He is pleased.
When we go the extra mile, we are operating in the spirit of excellence. We are going "above and beyond" the call of duty. Scripture says 2 find out what is pleasing 2 the Lord. In other words, we can discover what is pleasing 2 the Lord instead of waiting 2 hear Him tell us what 2 do in many instances. Jesus said that the greatest would be the servant of all. There is a lot of latitude w/this statement on how we can be a blessing 2 others. Get hooked on being an excellent person, start storing up reward in Heaven. With this heart and attitude we will reap on earth as well.
Proverbs 12:24 The hand of the diligent will rule, but the lazy man will be put to forced labor.
His Overflow Be Yours!
Live In His Presence Ministries