========= REASON #19- MANY REFUSE 2 SOW DURING TIMES OF CRISIS
Crisis creates fear.
It happened 2 me several years ago. Through a parade of tragedies, personal and in my ministry, I suddenly faced bankruptcy. I owed many times more than what I owned. I did not know what 2 do. I prayed, fasted, and used every business principle I knew. The wall refused 2 budge. It was like a mountain of debt that nothing could shake.
I became intimidated. I felt like a failure. Other ministers were flourishing and were building huge buildings. I could not even pay my CPA $1,500 2 get a financial statement 2 present 2 the bank for a loan! I met w/a successful businessmen who offered 2 loan me $250,000 ... if I would pay them $50,000 immediately. (I did not have $5,000 cash 2 my name!)
During those times, satan really appeared overpowering. Sometimes it is hard 2 truly believe that your pain will ever pass.
I could not think straight. I would sit numbly in various meetings around the table of negotiation. My mind was in shock. My heart lost its fight. I could not budge the wall of debt. (Sometimes, during the battle of life, u will be tempted 2 withdraw, become timid and passive.) U C, satan is a bully. Bullies delight in shy, timid peace makers.
It is important that u develop a fighting spirit. Very important. "Resist the devil, and he will flee from u" (James 4:7b).
U must run toward your Goliath. David did. But, he did not come in his own strength against his enemy. He came "in the Name of the LORD."
Crisis is the place of miracles. It is not the place 2 shrink back, quit and hoard your sowing. I was so tempted 2 stop giving. I felt that the ministry needed 2 'keep the tithe 4 itself." Crisis distorts every picture of prosperity.
Why is crisis time an important Season 2 sow?
(1) Your sowing will birth expectation and hope.
(2) Expectation is the only 'magnet' that attracts the miracle provision God promised. "Without faith, it is impossible 2 please Him: 4 he that cometh 2 God must believe that He is, and that He is a Rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).
(3) If u refuse 2 sow, u have just destroyed your own ability 2 expect a miracle. A farmer can only expect a harvest after he has planted SEED.
> So, your sowing is what births your expectation.
> Your expectation is the current that brings the one 100-fold return Jesus promised.
(4) Nothing is going 2 change 4 u financially UNTIL u can unleash expectation within u.
(5) Your crisis actually magnifies the size of your SEED in the eyes of God. Your SEED will increase in its influence w/God... bcoz of your crisis situation. Jesus was watching the offering one day. He "beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much. And there came a certain poor widow, she threw in 2 mites, which make a farthing."
This contained a powerful insight. He shared w/His disciples. "This poor widow hath cast more in than all they which hath cast into the treasury: For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living" (Mark 12:41-44). She did not have very much money. She was poor. But, her financial crisis enlarged her SEED in the eyes of God. She gave more than everyone else, in His opinion, bcoz of her crisis.
That is why it is important 2 plant SEED when your back is against the wall, and u have very little. Your SEED will carry more weight, influence and potential 4 increase than a much larger SEED will have later when u are doing quite well.
Thousands hoard during crisis.
It is the most unwise thing they could ever do.
If u will sow during times of famine, your SEED will move the Heavens and open the windows. God will pour out a blessing u can hardly contain.