Translate

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Just A Groan Will Reach God’s Throne


Romans 8:26 - Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Once, when my father was hospitalized, I remember driving as fast as I could 2 the hospital 2 see him bcoz his condition was deteriorating rapidly. I was just sobbing in my car on the way there. I didn’t know what 2 pray. So I just cried and prayed in tongues, groaning in my spirit.
I believe that at that very low point, the Holy Spirit was helping me in my weaknesses — “For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered”.
 
The events that soon unfolded in the hospital convinced me that just a groan or sigh will reach the throne of our Abba Father.
 
I managed 2 reach the hospital just in time 2 clasp my father’s hand before he was wheeled in for surgery. The surgeons came out of the operating theatre some time later 2 inform my mother that they didn’t need 2 do anything after they had opened him up bcoz they discovered that “surgery” had already been done on him!

Surprised, my mother answered, “He has never been operated on. I am his wife. I should know.” Not convinced, the surgeons told my father when he regained consciousness, “We opened u up and found that surgery had already been done. Whoever did it did a perfect work.”
 
Equally surprised, my dad told them, “I have never had surgery done on me.”
“No, u have!” the surgeons insisted.
As my parents and the doctors continued arguing, I found myself thinking, “My goodness, I didn’t even pray for a miracle on my way 2 the hospital. Yet, a miracle has just happened!”
My friend, when we who are God’s children groan as we pray in the Spirit, the Holy Spirit makes intercession for us with groanings which will reach the throne of our Abba Father, and cause Him 2 move powerfully on our behalf!

No comments:

Post a Comment