Translate

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

14 of 31 Reasons People Do Not Receive Their Financial Harvest

Introduction
=========    Ecclesiastes 5:4-5 - "When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not 2 pay it; 4 He hath no pleasure in fools:  pay that which thou has vowed.  Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, that thou should vow and not pay."

tidbitsphotography 
REASON #14 - MANY FORGET OR REFUSE 2 PAY THEIR VOWS MADE 2 GOD.

     Vows are not frivolous things 2 God.
     God is not playful, frivolous nor trivial.
     He takes your promises 2 Him quite seriously.  "When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not 2 pay it; 4 He hath no pleasure in fools:  pay that which thou has vowed.  Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, that thou should vow and not pay." (Ecclesiastes 5:4-5).
     God describes promise breakers as fools.  That is why it is so important not 2 position yourself as a fool bcoz fools are ultimately destroyed.
     God humiliates fools.
     God moves away from fools.
     God uses fools as illustrations 4 destruction.  Always keep your promises.  To your family.  To your wife or husband.  To the Lord who promised u His Best.  It is important that u develop impeccable and unwavering integrity when u give your word in a business transaction or 2 your children.
     God is a covenant God.  He remembers every vow u have made b4 Him and man.
     Oh, stop and re-examine your life this very moment!  Have u made any financial vows 2 your church or 2 the man of God in your life?  Pay them.  Whatever it takes.  Pay your vows.
     It will break "The Curse".  When u keep your vow, God's very best 'begins' 2 come 2 u.  Read Deuteronomy 28 and Leviticus 26.  God guarantees that incredible blessings always come 2 those who 'observe and 2 do all His commandments" (Deuteronomy 28:1).
     After an anointed banquet one evening, an articulate and well-dressed lady approached me.
     "I know God has spoken 2 me tonight 2 plant a SEED of $1,000 in your ministry.  U will receive it in a few days," she said wiping tears of joy from her eyes.
     A few days later, her letter arrived.  It was an apology.  "After I talked 2 my husband, I felt tha I should break my promise 2 u.  I do not believe we can really afford 2 sow this special SEED at this time," she wrote.  Oh, the heartache that broken promises are creating in  our lives.
      U C, while she was in the Presence of God and the anointing of the Holy Spirit was hovering over the congregation, the SEEDS of her faith exploded within her heart.
     God spoke.
     She heard.  She moved swiftly.
     She quickly declared her covenant w/God.  After she moved away from His Presence, discussed this gigantic step of faith w/an unbelieving husband, she withdrew from her covenant which she had entered into w/God.  Oh, only time will reveal the curse that such an attitude of frivolity and light-heartedness will produce in our lives.
    Many years ago I was sitting in my bed watching a religious television program.  Suddenly, a famous evangelist looked into the camera and said so forcibly, "If u have made a vow 2 God at any time and not paid it, u have LAUNCHED a parade of tragedies.  Please sit down today and pay your vows."  Conviction smote my heart.
     Over 2 years b4, I had promised a missionary in Africa that I would help sponsor some students 4 scholarships in his Bible college.  I had asked him 2 rush me material about it.  When I did not receive the material, I did nothing.  I did not telephone him or pursue a reason.  I simply used it as an excuse 2 'escape my vow' that I had made 2 him.
     As I watched the telecast that night, God reminded me of my promise.  As I felt my heart pound, I knelt beside my bed and prayed, "Please 4give me.  Give me another chance.  do not withhold your harvest from me."  It was midnight, but I called my secretary anyway.  "Whatever u do, when u arrive at the office tomorrow morning, please take the checkbook.  Write out a check 2 this Bible school in East Africa.  Airmail it.  I cannot live another day w/o the blessing of God flowing upon me.  I cannot afford a curse in my life and ministry."
     I have seen 100s lift their hands and make faith promises, "Yes, I will plant a monthly SEED 2 help u spread the wisdom of God."  Yet, over 50 percent will never sit down and plant that SEED of Promise they vowed publicly 2 plant.
     "Maybe they cannot afford 2 do it!"  is a common explanation.  I have seen many people make this claim, Yet they continue 2 receive salary raises, new TV sets, and purchase a new automobile.  They take their family out 2 eat at the nicest restaurants, purchase new clothes and send their children thru college.  Thru-out all of this spending, they make the same claim, "I really cannot keep my faith promise."
     "Would u like 3 me  ask God 2 make u as poor as u tell everybody u really are?"  I asked jokingly of one of my relatives one day.
     When u make a faith promise, u have entered into a covenant between u and God.  Do not treat it lightly and w/frivolity.  Make every effort 2 pay it.
     If u do not presently have enough finances 2 fully pay your vow at one time, start planting small SEEDS as often as possible.  Your harvest will start increasing.  Then, u will find it possible 2 complete your faith promise and vow and begin your days of Blessing.
     Do u truly feel that u have made a mistake?  Then ask the Lord 2 give u an extra supernatural miracle so that u can complete your faith vow 2 Him in a supernatural way.  U are only responsible w/what He provides.  If He does not provide, u are released of your part.
     It is not merely the man of God who is authorized necessarily 2 'let u off."  This faith promise is between u and God.  It must be settled between u and Him.
     An unpaid vow is one of the powerful reasons 1000s have never tasted the reward of their step of faith.

     Let's pray together:
     "Father, 4give me 4 any unpaid vows.  U will come first from this day on.  I will keep my covenant w/You bcoz I need the Harvest far more than I need my SEED.  Provide 4 me and make it possible 4 me 2 have the finances necessary 2 keep my word 2 You.  U know my heart of faith and will not disappoint me.  I believe Your Word today.  In Jesus sweet powerful Name.  Amen and Thank You."

No comments:

Post a Comment